Mittwoch, 11. März 2015

Plaid and Subtract

Hi dolls,

the Leipzig Bookfair is coming up and I'll be there for the first time (I'm really looking forward!!), so with preparations and the usual work I have with university and my etsy shop, I have almost no time to spare to sew something for me. This is insofar unfavourable as my personal to-sew-list grows at an alarming rate since I got tons of inspiration at La Vie en Rose... but the only thing you can do about it is taking one thing at a time.

I started with something quick and simple. Maybe you remember this dress I sewed almost 3 years ago (wow, has it really been that long)?


I always loved the fabric; plaid is so versatile. This particular one can be combined with red, black, green, white, offwhite...
But alas! Over time, the dress became too small in the bust area. I sometimes wore it with a vest or cardigan over it, so no one would notice that the zipper didn't close at the top, but that just didn't feel right (-.-)
So as a solution, I made a skirt out of it!

Funny enough, Goldkind did the same to one of her former lolita dresses

I also rehemmed the skirt, so it's a bit shorter now. With the original lenght, there was just too much of it.
And since there was enough fabric left over, I made a matching bow (^_^)


Whenever I have a new garment, I want to wear it as soon as possible, so this was my outfit for school yesterday:

Beret: bought in Paris
Shoes: Tamaris

A note about the beret; it's actually the first I ever bought. I always loved the look on others, but also thought they wouldn't fit me. Lea convinced me otherwise, so I decided to give it a try. Here I wore it for the first time on monday:

Cardigan: Chicorée
Skirt: Rakuten
Shoes: Deichmann
I'm still trying to figure it out, but I like how many possibilities there are. Especially now that I have longer hair and can make various hairstyles! (^_^)


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen