Sonntag, 21. November 2010

Inspiring Sunday: An Ode To Christian Dior

It might not give the impression I were interested in what they call the mainstream fashion business, but in fact, I am. It's so inspiring looking at the newest creations and it's quite interesting seeing these looks flooding h&m and c&a (in much lesser quallity, of course), although I'm not a fashion victim who has to wear always the latest chic.
Theres one of the big fashion houses which was always my favourite. It's Dior. Christian Dior showed 1947 his first haute couture collection, which he called Ligne Corolle. The following éclat made the so-called New Look very popular and is responsible for Paris being still the most important fashion city.
Today, John Galliano is chef-desinger for Dior. While I don't really like his creations for his own label Galliano, I adore what he does for Dior, especially Dior Haute Couture. (Anyway, haute couture clothes are kind of magic for me - even if you can't move in them or even hardly wear them). Btw, did you know that haute couture clothes are almost sewn by hand?
So, for today's inspiring post, I show you my absolute favourites of Dior Haute Couture from the last 4 years:
Spring 2007
Spring 2007
Fall 2007
Spring 2009
Fall 2009
Spring 2010
Spring 2010
Spring 2010

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen